Collection Of All Spiritual Stuffs.

Sri Mukthi Naga Kshetra - Ramohalli, Bangalore

with 0 Comment
Sri Mukthi Naga Kshetra - Ramohalli, Bangalore
This temple was referred by Guruji to a caller, to perform Ashlesha Bali in this temple. After performing offer small Silver Naga to Lord Kukke Subramanya.

Shri Mukthi Naga Kshetra has long been home to the Serpent Deity. For the past 200 years, the residents of this region have been referring to this place as “Junjappana Bayalu” (Junjappa’s Field). In accordance with Lord Subrahmanya’s divine will, the construction of the Mukthi Naga Temple is being carried out at this place.

This place, which is a veritable abode of serpents, is a haven of peace and serenity to all who come here. Temple is situated at Ramohalli, 18 kilometers from the Bangalore bus stand. It is located 5 kilometers from the Bangalore-Mysore road, after one passes Kengeri, on the way to the Big Banyan Tree. One kilometer from the Ramohalli bus stand is the place where Mukthi Naga Temple is present.

The Inception of the Temple:

Sri Mukthi Naga Kshetra - Ramohalli, Bangalore
Around five years ago, the Lord Subrahmanya appeared in my dream and said, “I am living very close to you. Build a temple for me.” I was haunted by a heap of questions. Where is the Lord? Where should I build the temple? Is this possible for me? I was daunted by the sheer magnitude of the task. The Lord appeared in my dream again after two days and repeated the order. I asked him, “Where are you living? Where should I build the temple? Do I have the ability to build it?” The Lord said, “Tomorrow, a person will come to you and bring you to where I am. I myself will receive you. Build the temple at the place where I receive you”. The next day, one Mr. Nagabhushana came to consult me about some problem. While we were talking, I told him that I was looking for some place to build a temple for the Lord Subrahmanya. Immediately, he invited me to his farmland to survey the place. He took me to Ramohalli. On the way, we saw an old cobra measuring 25 feet in length, moving very slowly on the road. Nagabhushana remarked that he had never seen any snakes in this region before, and showed me to his farmland. As soon as we entered, we saw three serpents come to the spot where the inner sanctum of the present temple is, halt for a moment with their hoods open, and move off very quickly. I was filled with a mixture of joy, surprise, wonder and amazement. Sensing the potential of the place, I obtained permission from Nagabhushana for Sarpa Shanthi (Pacification Rituals) to be performed there for people afflicted with Sarpa Dosha. Again the Lord appeared in my dream and commanded me to build a temple for me. I said, “I am but an ordinary lecturer. I do not have the funds necessary to buy the place and build a temple. This mission is a dream indeed.” The Lord assured me, saying “Don’t worry. I am with you.” Putting my faith in the Lord, I decided to embark on this venture. When I visited the place again the next day, I found a snakeskin measuring 12-3/4 feet lying there. Taking this as a divine omen, I decided to commission an idol of the Lord Nagaraja to be sculpted, of the same height as the length of the snakeskin. In accordance with the rules of Shilpa Shastra, I decided that the idol would be placed on a pedestal such that the entire structure would be 16 feet high. The land itself, I found, was practically a forest. Acquiring the land would be a mammoth task. I struggled for 3 years to raise the funds required. I approached several banks for loans and finally got the land registered in my name. I contacted the famous sculptor, Padmashri Ganapathi Stapathi of Kancheepuram and commissioned him to sculpt a seven-hooded idol of the Lord Nagaraja from a single stone. Fifteen sculptors worked for a year and a half to complete the task. Transporting the idol from Kancheepuram to Bangalore was a saga in itself. A huge truck with thirty-two wheels was used to transport the idol. Two cranes were used to place the idol on the truck. While they were moving the idol on to the truck, the truck tilted due to the massive weight of the idol. However, with his blessings, we were able to mount the idol on to the truck without incident. Then we started the journey to Ramohalli. The entire journey was one long celebration. On the way, we passed through the town of Krishnagiri, which had been reeling under a drought for a long time. When the Lord entered Krishnagiri, the town witnessed heavy showers. The town’s people were overjoyed at this and offered grand poojas to the Lord. When we reached Ramohalli, the heavens, which had been scorched by the sun till then, showered rains to welcome the Lord. Everyone who witnessed this miracle was awed. Sri Sreekantha Datta Wodeyar was present to welcome the Lord and present Him to the nation, just as his father the late Sri Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar had constructed the Kukke Subrahmanya Temple.

The Biggest Mukthi Naga of the World
Naga idols five feet high are usually seen throughout the world. One can see them in Nagarkoil in Chennai, and in Singapore. But the Mukthi Naga idol at Ramohalli, measuring 16 feet in height (including the pedestal on which the idol stands), is the biggest in the world.

The Mukthi Naga Form of Lord Subrahmanya
There are four forms in which the Lord Subrahmanya is worshipped. The first one is that present at Kukke Subrahmanya, representing the childhood of the Lord Nagaraja. The second is the one present at Ghati Subrahmanya, representing the Lord in his youth. The third form of the Lord is that in his marital state. We can see this form of the Lord at Palani and Thiruvannamalai. The fourth form is that of the Lord Subrahmanya at the Mukthi Naga Kshetra. Here, the Lord grants deliverance from all illnesses and all forms of sins and suffering. At this holy place, every prayer of the devotees is fulfilled.

The Miracles of the Mukthi Naga Kshetra
The Mukthi Naga Kshetra is a miraculous place. The devotees, who visit this place, visit the ‘hutta’ (anthill) where the serpent resides, make nine pradakshinas (circumambulations) around it and provide offerings to the Lord. All of them have found that their wishes have been fulfilled shortly after visiting this place. All unmarried women who have visited this place, seeking the blessings of the Lord, have got married. All those who prayed for children, have been blessed with children. And all have made generous contributions to the temple after their wishes were fulfilled. One person, who had been bed-ridden for seven months, came here in a car. But as the road was under construction and construction material was strewn all around, the car could not proceed beyond the gate. The man prayed to the Lord, “O Lord, I have come here to obtain your darshana and your blessings. Please show mercy on me.” No sooner had he uttered this prayer than he felt energy surge within him, He alighted from the car and walked briskly all the way to the temple. Later, when he met me, he said, “I was bed-ridden to the extent that I was even unable to stand all these days. But the Lord blessed me with the energy to walk. That is how I am able to come and talk to you now. This is a miracle indeed!” Another person, after having obtained the darshana and prasada, asked the priest, “I was told this place has a lot of serpents. I have not seen even a single snake. Why do they propagate such lies?” Saying so, he got into his vehicle and drove towards the main gate. When he reached the gate, he found a huge serpent lying across the path and blocking his way. Stunned at the sight, he alighted from the car, bowed to serpent respectfully, returned to the temple sanctum, apologized to the Lord and offered pooja for the second time. Only then did the serpent allow him to leave the place.

Address of Shri Mukti Naga Kshetra:


Shri Mukti Naga Kshetra
Ramohalli, Big Banyan Tree Road,
Kengeri, Bangalore.
Phone: 080-26713583
Website: www.mukthinagakshetra.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment